You Can Stop or Even Reverse Disease

 A good friend of mine told me he tried switching his diet of meat, eggs and dairy to a whole foods plant based diet but couldn't. He said the cravings were too strong. "I gotta have my meat." He went to a medical doctor and was told to continue eating meat, dairy and eggs. My friend is obese. He has told me he wants to lose weight and get healthier. The fact that a medical doctor would tell him to keep eating disease causing foods is proof they know jack shit about nutrition. It's not that they are bad people or bad doctors. Most of them probably have good intentions. I've had some doctors tell me to eat better. It's because of what they are taught by the medical industry. Rather than being taught how to prescribe a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals, they are taught how to prescribe drugs, give treatments and preform surgery. The pharmaceutical industries pay for their books, and most doctors nowadays get no nutritional education. There is no money in fruits, grains and vegetables. However there is money in prescription drugs and surgery. A lot of money!   

  




Remember when doctors promoted smoking? The medical and pharmaceutical industries are a business. They don't care about your health. Like any other business they are here to make money, but the medical industries are here to make money off of you getting sick. It doesn't surprise me that this doctor would tell my friend to keep clogging his arteries with disease causing food. Rather than getting to the root of the problem, the medical industry will tell you to get painful expensive surgery and take prescription drugs. In fact if you walk around Mayo Clinic 'the best hospital in the country' you will see all sorts of fast food chains. I am not saying that all doctors are like this. I've had a few doctors tell me to eat better. We are not stupid. We all know that eating foods full of nutrients and vitamins like vegetables, fruits, grains and legumes will make us healthier. My mother wouldn't let me leave the table until I finished my veggies. 








 For the love of god do not watch the TV show The Doctors or Dr. Oz these doctors have said that it is ok to eat bacon and eggs for breakfast! These shows are only there for entertainment and give horrible dietary advice! I have been cramming so much information into my brain for the past few months. Three months ago my fiance Bryan and I watched the movie Forks over Knives. We learned that a whole foods plant based diet has been scientifically proven to stop and in some cases even reverse disease. You can find this movie streaming on Netflix. Forks over Knives is about the food we eat and the affect it has on our health and weight. Every person on this planet should see this movie! 





 It's no surprise how many obese people are on this planet. The massive amount of meat, eggs and dairy we eat is taking a toll on our weight. I used to eat these foods at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am 5' 3" and used to weigh 184 pounds. It is time for a lifestyle change! After we watched this film we stopped eating these foods all together. The film explains how processing meat, dairy, eggs and sugary foods have changed. As a result, the amount we consume has increased drastically over the years.  


 People think they will starve on this diet. When you switch to foods with fewer calories you will need to eat a lot more. I eat 3 or 4 bananas in the morning and my plates are a lot fuller than they used to be. You must eat more calories with this diet or you will crave the bad food again. Eat an abundance of food! You think you would gain weight. I am eating more food on this diet, feeling more satisfied and losing weight. You can pretty much eat all you want and not gain as much as you would on a fatty meat and dairy diet. The plant based foods have better fats than meat based. You may still crave the food you ate before but that is because you were addicted. Fight the cravings and eat enough of the right foods. Like quitting smoking you have to want it bad enough. 


All vegan!




Yes these are all vegan foods!


 
When switching to a plant based diet you may want to substitute meat, cheese and egg with vegan products at first. There are many varieties to choose from. My favorite meat substitutes are the Boca and Gardein brands. You can also substitute potatoes, beans or lentils for meat just season them with spices. When you eat meat with zero seasoning it is bland and boring. What do we season our meat with? Taco, Italian and Asian seasoning is plant based. In fact most all seasoning is vegan. Stay away from those little bags of seasoning. Those almost always contain milk ingredients.

 Cheese is a bit harder because this seems to be the most addictive and the hardest to give up. I have compared cheese to crack. My favorites so far has been Farm Roast Chao brand slices they look and taste just like cheese. Daiya shreds are okay but the texture is odd. There is a new Daiya mac and cheese out that reminds me of the Velveeta shells and cheese. I have not tried any vegan egg substitutes. There are many different ways to substitute egg in baking. Applesauce is my favorite egg substitute. If you take ground flax seed add a little water it turns into an egg like substance called flax eggs. You can also use just about any mashed up fruit. The YouTube channel Bite Size Vegan has a video on all the egg substitutes. This food is good to use as a substitute to help you transition but should not be eaten all the time. These are processed food.  


 I did more research on the topic that meat dairy and eggs cause disease. I read The China Study written by Collin Campbell, this book is incredibly eye opening! You can find it on Amazon. It has years of research on how eating meat and dairy is causing all kind of diseases. 


Heart disease is biggest killer in America. Cancer and Heart disease make the most money for the medical industry. The cholesterol reducing drug Lipitor is the biggest selling drug for Big Pharma. Heart disease is caused by cholesterol clogging your arteries. This is the reason why half a million people every year have to have painful open heart surgery. They have their chests cut opened, their heart exposed and have veins taken from their legs and stitched on their hearts. Cholesterol is a result of consuming massive amounts of meat, dairy and egg. Eggs have a lot of cholesterol. If you eat these foods you are setting yourself up for disease. Why take Lipitor when you can cut cholesterol out of your diet? Go to YouTube and watch some What I eat in a day/vegan videos. Buy a vegan cook book. You have the choice of which foods to eat.



 Not more than 2 to 3% of all human cancer is attributable to purely genetic or congenial factors. The rest is due to diet, and other things our body is exposed to. Cutting out meat, eggs and dairy will lower your risk of getting cancer. The World Wide Health Organization recently announced that processed meats causes cancer. Putting health into the equation meat eating is the most expensive diet out there! I would rather change my diet than to have to undergo any of this expensive cancer treatment or surgery. This book explains how milk consumption causes prostate cancer in men, breast cancer in women and Type 1 diabetes in small children. That was the scariest thing I learned.  



  Milk and dairy products such as cheese, ice cream and yogurt come from cow’s milk. Cow’s milk is meant to be consumes by baby calves. Milk and it's by products are not meant for human consumption. In fact we are the only species on this planet that consumes the milk of another species. I've never heard of a goat drinking the milk from a human, a dog or a cat. Babies feed off of their mother’s milk until they reach a certain age. After that we don't need the milk any longer. I don't see teenage boys or girls suckling their mother tits. Why would you want to drink any species tit milk? No seriously think about it! Cow’s milk is meant for a 65 lb baby calf to grow into a 400 lb cow. Daily consumption of dairy causes lumps in the breasts of women and prostate cancer in men.



   
A month ago I had a lump on my breast checked out. It was benign, thank god, but terrifying to say the least. We are told that milk does a body good. Milk has calcium for strong bones. If that is true then why are there astounding rates of osteoporosis and bone fractures when we get older? Milk does a body good? Yeah a baby cows body. All milk does for us is make us fat, sick and lactose intolerant.   




 
  I watched more documentaries and read more books on natural healing and a healthy diet. I read three written by Dr. Bruce Fife N. D. The Healing Crisis, Oil Pulling Therapy and The Detox Book. This man saved my life! I had Severe Acid Reflex Disease for most of my life. Silent reflex is what I had. This means I did not experience the chest pain that most people experience with acid reflex. I would choke constantly on my food. I had a sore throat and cough all the time. I woke every morning with my eyes, nose and throat burning. I felt awful all the time. It felt like I was slowly dying. I heard that over time this can lead to stomach, throat or esophageal cancer. My doctor told me that I was good candidate for laparoscopic nissen surgery. They go in and staple part of your stomach over your esophagus. This is done to prevent stomach acid from flowing upward into your esophagus and throat. I was terrified of getting this surgery! So I looked for alternative ways of curing this disease. I tried the reflex diet for a while. This diet was bland and boring. It worked for a while but eventually the reflex came back. Although I lost 35 pounds on the reflex diet, I could not stick to that bland diet. I went from 184 to 149 pounds. Then I found the vegan diet, not bland, not boring! I am now down to 142 pounds and have tons of energy.  






  I read Oil Pulling Therapy before watching Forks Over Knives. I hadn't started the new diet yet. After reading Oil Pulling Therapy I started to pull for 20 minutes 2 to 3 times a day. After 3 days I noticed my reflex was getting better. My energy levels sky rocketed! A week later my reflex was completely gone! I felt like I was 10 years younger. It can also help with a number of other health problems. Your mouth will be cleaner and your teeth whiter. People have been oil pulling for over 2,000 years. If you are interested in oil pulling read the book Oil Pulling Therapy by Dr. Bruce Fife in order to do it properly and get the best benefits. You can find it cheap on Amazon.




 While starting the plant based diet I suffered from withdrawals. Not from the meat or eggs it was the cheese. Cheese was the hardest thing to give up. A few weeks into the diet Bryan and I went to a Mexican restaurant. I ordered a potato burrito. I failed to read the ingredients and when I received the meal it was smothered in cheese. Instead of sending it back I decided to eat it. What's the harm? I will just remember to ask for no cheese next time. After eating the meal I got the worse migraine. I thought that my migraines were gone. I hadn't had one since pulling. I realize what was causing my migraines. Just like smoking you are addicted to the food you eat. Some of the most addicting foods are cheese, meat, eggs and sugary processed foods. Fast food is the worst. I know it's easy and convenient, but it's horrible for you.  







 Since being off the animal products I have lost a total of 12 pounds. I am now down to 142. That is a long way from 184. Bryan has lost 20 pounds. Shortly after reading all of these books I watched Forks over Knives and took up the vegan diet. This starts my vegan journey... 

Comments

Popular Posts