Global Warming and the Animals



 The reasons I went vegan are ethical, environmental and health. Lately the biggest reason has been environmental. After watching the documentary Cowspiracy I was left feeling angry, proud to be vegan, but mostly scared shit-less that my children may not have a planet to grow up on. In this film you learn that the leading cause of global warming is animal agriculture and factory farm emissions. I feel like a complete ass. When I decided to go vegan it was for two completely selfish reasons: health and losing weight. Vegan is a lifestyle choice and an ethical choice. Most people view Veganism as a dietary choice, but it's so much bigger than that. We choose not to contribute to the destruction of the planet, the animals and the people on it. Climate change is real. whether you believe it or not. I notice every year here in Minnesota the winters are getting warmer and warmer. 




There are literally billions of animals killed in factory farms every year. There are over 2,000 factory farms in North Carolina alone. That's not even close to the amount on this whole planet. Billions of animals produce a lot of waste. This waste goes untreated. The foods that come from these factory farms are filthy, disgusting and are making us sick. The things I have learned over the past few months have shaken me to the core. I have to wipe tears away thinking of what humans are doing to our planet with factory farming and animal agriculture. We are destroying our planet and over half of us are completely unaware or don't care. We must act now or this world is going to end. 



Sister Dorothy Stang's body 1931-2005
 The reason you don't hear about this in the media or at all really is because most people who have spoken up about this have been killed. They explain this in the movie. Sister Dorothy Stang was brutally gunned down in Brazil for speaking up about animal agriculture, cattle ranching, being the leading cause of deforestation. Google her and read about it. The fact that the meat industries and lobbyists are so ruthless they would gun down a nun is horrifying and appalling to me. This proves how money is the root of all evil. I would gladly die for expressing my views on these evils. At least I would die knowing I was passionate about something. Something I actively don't contribute to. The way we treat animals on this planet is the root of all evil. 



              Facts I learned from watching Cowspiracy:

·         Animal agriculture is responsible for 51% of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.
·         Transportation exhaust is responsible for 13% of all greenhouse gas emissions.
·         Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.
·         Converting to wind and solar power will take 20+ years and roughly 43 trillion dollars.
·         Agriculture is responsible for 80-90% of US water consumption.
·         2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of beef. 


 That isn’t half of the things I learned while watching this film. Every single person on this planet should see this movie! We all have the power to stop this. But we are so brainwashed by ads from these evil corporations that we can’t see what is right in front of us. The meat and dairy industries will spend millions to keep these things hidden from the public. I for one will not stand for it! It's as simple as cutting meat and meat products out of your diet, or just cutting most of it out of your diet. If we all stopped contributing to this industry there would be nothing they could do about it. They need our money. So they keep those blinders on us nice and tight. I can't understand how anyone could sit through this movie and not feel compelled to do something about it! Stop giving your money to evil. 



 I'd like to address the ethical reasons for becoming vegan. This is my personal take on the constant consumption meat and how it effects people physically and emotionally. When you eat meat you are consuming the flesh of an animal that has went through pure hell. These animals undergone pain, fear, suffering, torture, rape and murder. Yes rape. Cows are raped. Their babies are taken from them right after they are born. They are shipped to the veal industry. The mother cows cry for days for their babies to come back to them. This happens on the dairy farms. Pardon my french but dairy is the most fucked up thing humans eat. Cows milk is used in a lot of our food like ice cream, yogurt, cheese, sour cream and butter. Cows milk is for baby calves. Humans are the only species that drink and eat milk from another species. Seriously think about it! Cows milk and everything in it is meant for a 65 lb baby calf to grow into a 400 lb cow.  Milk is making us addicted, fat, sick and causing disease.  

 Watch the movie Earthlings and you will learn what happens to billions of innocent animals on this planet every year. You can find it here: EarthlingsWhat we eat directly affects the way we feel and our overall health. There should be no surprise that in turn we will feel pain and suffering after eating these products. Over half of the people on this planet suffer and die from heart disease. The same goes with taking medication, it directly affects your health and the way you feel. So let me ask you this. Is the food you are eating alive or dead? After your meals do you feel active, more alive and ready to take on the world, or do you feel sluggish and ready to take a nap? Whatever you put into your body will affect you positively or negatively. 

How would you feel knowing you were next?


 Thinking about what these animals have to go through on a daily basis just so we can have a snack is extremely overwhelming to me. I've had flat out crying fits due to this reality. I know that ignorance is bliss. Sometimes I wish I could go back. That I didn't know everything I know now, but that is not possible for me. Once you learn all of this it can't be unlearned. I feel now that I can truly call myself an animal lover. I feel good. I am actually making a change in this world and I could never go back. The health benefits are a big plus too.


  
 Going vegan or even cutting most meat out of your diet is a powerful way to fight these evils. If you are still reading now thanks for listening. I hope you feel compelled to join me in the fight for our planet, the animals and the people on it!



Comments

Popular Posts