The Benefits of Being a Mostly Raw Vegan for 1 Year!

That's me on the left!


   I've been vegan for over 2 year now! I've been mostly raw vegan for a year now. I started transitioning in late August of 2015. The first thing I noticed was my energy levels went crazy. I run around like I'm 10 years old again. The second thing I noticed was how utterly addicted I was to the food I was eating. I am no longer addicted to animal products. But I'm still addicted to the processed vegan food. In the beginning I had serious withdrawals. I am now slowly transitioning to a fruitarian. Fruit is the best thing in the world and I feel my healthiest when I eat it. When I have an abundance of beautiful plant based foods to eat why would I pay to have animals killed? 








   The first thing Bryan and I did was cut out meat, cold turkey. Meat surprisingly wasn't hard at all to give up. Mostly because we saw it for what it really was. The rotting flesh of murdered animals. Hey don't get upset with me! I'm just stating the truth! When an animal dies it immediately starts to decompose.  

   Next was dairy. Milk, ice cream, yogurt, sour cream, cheese and all other products that are directly dairy. That was the hardest part for me. For the majority of my life I was stone cold addicted to cheese. I had some slip ups with dairy at the beginning. 

A few things helped me stop:

   Erin Janus's video: DAIRY IS F***ING SCARY . 

   Going to the website Milk is Cruel.

   Dr. McDougall's video: Perils Of Dairy (Skip the first 5 minutes because he's talking about random people in the audience).  

   After watching those a few times I never touched the stuff again. Vegan mac and cheese products helped too. I no longer crave or need dairy to function. I remember saying "I could never go vegan. I love cheese way too much!" 


Mmmmm Daiya


   We stopped eating eggs all together. Eggs were on problem because eggs weren't our favorite food anyway. We don't really miss it. Once we realized what an egg really is (chicken ovulation) it wasn't hard to stop.  

   After that we started reading labels and avoiding hidden animal ingredients. They put milk in almost everything! And we stopped purchasing products that are tested on animals. 

   Two days ago I ordered a bean and rice burrito at Taco Bell. I asked for no cheese. When I bit into it I got a mouth full of cheese. I did not remember how it tasted because I hadn't had it for over a year. It tasted like a mouth full of rancid mucous! Not kidding, I immediately spit it out. I felt sick that night. I have also bitten into meat but spit it out immediately. I am never eating fast food again! They always fuck up my orders. I am just sick of dealing with that shit. Vegan or not I know fast food isn't good for me. I also fear what employees in restaurants do to the food.  





   When I get hurt my recovery time is faster. I still have bad days where I am detoxing but that's normal. When you stop eating shit and start to eat healthy foods your body is going to detox the years of shit left behind. All of the hormones, toxins and unnatural crap is stored in your fat cells. I ate a lot of shit my entire life (34 years of shit). I know it will take a while for my body to fully cleanse itself. But I feel better after every detox. I have learned so much in the past year about the food we eat. What foods cleanse the body (fruits, melons and berries) and what foods are detrimental to the body (animal products, processed packaged foods and cooked food). 

   My hair and nails grow faster and look much healthier and my skin is clearer.





   My body odor smells better. I no longer have rotting flesh sitting in my colon and seeping through my pores. When I forget to put on deodorant I don't smell as bad as I used to. Vegans smell and taste better. It's a proven fact. 

   I've had allergies my entire life. Since going vegan they are completely gone. Every morning and throughout the whole day I would constantly blow my nose and would sometimes have itchy watery eyes. I no longer have allergies on a daily basis. 


   The thing I love the most about being vegan is that my mind is clearer. I no longer focus on the pain I used to be in. It feels like a cloud was lifted. The brain fog is gone. I am happier. The sad, hopelessness I used to feel is gone. I only feel sad and hopeless for the non-human animals on the planet. I have been through some emotional detoxing. Yes, detoxing comes in many forms including mental. I am able to focus on writing and other things I love. I am no longer a slave to the food I eat and how it makes me feel. 






   My vision has improved a bit. I still have to wear glasses but I can see better. In fact all of my senses have been heightened. I see, smell, hear and taste better. 



   The food we eat is saturated with salt, sweeteners and other flavor enhancers. This overstimulates and kills your taste buds. When you start to eat real whole foods at first they can taste bland. But once you start trying new thing, steer away from the processed crap, your taste buds evolve and you start to taste the real flavors of foods. I can no longer tolerate candy or sweet baked goods. They are too sickeningly sweet and I know they are not good for me. Most processed foods make me sick to my stomach. Processed vegan food as well.  I prefer real fruit and occasionally dark chocolate. I also eat vegan ice cream on occasion. Remember the more colorful the packaging the more unhealthy the food. The more colorful the food itself the more healthy. 




   My acid reflex is gone. I get small flair ups every once in a while when I eat cooked onions or tomatoes. I used to wake up every morning feeling like I was dying. My eyes nose and throat would be on fire. I always had aches and pains in my back and my joints. That is all gone. I also had signs of depression. I want to continue detoxing with fruit and also take herbs to cure all of these symptoms. 




   When you have your health you have everything you could possibly want and more. Feeling good is everything and my goal is to feel the best I have ever felt. 

   The sharpness I used to have as a child is back. I am able to remember things I had forgotten. Such as childhood memories, phone numbers, old movie scenes and some painful childhood memories I had long suppressed. 

 

   
   When I was a child I remember, vividly, the beauty around me. I was more in tuned with my surroundings. I felt, as I got older, all of that sharpness fade. In a lot of ways I really do feel like a child again. It's one of the best feelings. I am able to meditate again. I could never go back to being in constant pain, being the suicidal, emotionally crippled, foggy minded person I was. I will never go back to eating and feeling pain and suffering. 

   Think about that for a second. You eat pain and suffering just to feel pain and suffering...





   
   My sex life is way better! I am having sex a lot more and I actually have the desire to do it! I'm no longer clogging the arteries to my vagina with saturated animal fat. The same with Bryan. Saturated Animal Fat and Cholesterol= No Sex Drive. 





   

   Another great thing about being vegan is No More Dieting!

   Yes, as long as I stick to whole plant foods. Cut out all processed crap. I can eat in abundance and not have to worry about gaining weight. I eat until I am satiated then stop. I do not over stuff myself. I'm also left feeling full but not heavy and icky like I used to when I ate animal products. I still feel icky sometimes when I eat the processed vegan food but I am transitioning to raw. 

   I would eat at certain restaurants and after the meal I would sit back and let out a huge sigh. I felt like I gorged myself almost every time and wanted to unbutton my pants. I never feel that way anymore. I feel satisfied and sometimes even energetic after meals.

   My periods are shorter, lighter with little to no cramping. I used to have severe emotional periods with PMS and horrible cramping in my back. That is all behind me now! I also started using a menstrual cup. I can wash and reuse it which means I no longer use pads. Much better for the environment.

   I sleep throughout the night, every night. Some nights when I am detoxing I lose sleep but detoxing is worth losing sleep over. I also wake up more refreshed and energetic. I remember waking up and feeling like shit in the past.



Nubbs!


The greatest benefit is the feeling you get knowing that every day you save an animals life. The animal you would have paid for in the past is no longer going to die. I am now one of millions who are truly doing something wonderful for all life on the planet. You can be too!







Comments

Popular Posts